Du to government sanitary measures, we had to postpone the opening of the circuit this year. Starting Thursday June 11th, the racetrack will be accessible with, of course, some new rules to follow in order to minimize the risks of covid-19 transmission. These rules may change as required. For the moment, the track will be open Thursday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm.
General rules to follow:
- Before entering the facility, the customer must ensure that he or she has no covid-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, dry cough, severe fatigue, loss of taste and/or smell, breathing difficulties, etc.).
- The driver may be accompanied by a maximum of one person (e.g. parent, mechanic) on site.
- The customer must respect all distancing instructions recommended by the authorities, both inside and outside the building, including standing in line if necessary, as well as following the instructions given by the Académie de Karting Jim Russell (AKJR) employees.
- The driver must register before entering the racetrack.
- Inside the building, it is mandatory for the customer to disinfect his hands and it is strongly recommended to wear a mask, both for his own protection and that of our employees.
- Access to the interior building is limited to the parts counter. A maximum of two customers will be admitted at the counter at the same time. Access to other parts of the building (e.g. administrative offices, mechanical workshop, classroom) is prohibited.
- We ask customers to prepare their shopping list in advance to speed-up the purchasing process.
- Limited access will also be permitted to the washroom for urgent needs. The use of the washroom to change clothes or simply to wash hands is not permitted.
- The driver must have with him everything he might need during practice, including his hand cleaner, water, snacks, etc.
Rules for track access :
- The driver must arrive on the false grid by rolling his kart, ready to sit in his kart and go on track. The karts must remain outside the entrance and exit areas of the track. You can of course bring your kart to the false grid entrance with your trolley.
- Once on the false grid, the driver prepares and enters the track as quickly as possible. If one or more drivers are already on the false grid in order to ensure proper distancing, you must wait for a driver to enter the track before entering the false grid.
- When leaving the track, clear the pit lane as quickly as possible. You must roll your kart outside the perimeter before picking up your cart.
- In the paddock/parking area, be sure to keep the recommended proper distancing (2 meters) from other people.
- Gatherings are not allowed in the paddock/parking area.
- Non respect of these rules will results in the revocation of your track access without any refund.
Thank you for your cooperation.